Friday, March 22, 2013

Sneak peak at Dr. Kostas Economopoulos!





Sneak peak at Dr. Kostas Economopoulos who will be joining TOCA at the end of this summer.

He is currently in Melbourne, Australia working with one of the pioneers of hip arthroscopy.

“Although I have spent nearly my entire life in Arizona, my family and I have traveled over 8000 miles to train with one of the true pioneers of hip arthroscopy, John O’Donnell in Melbourne, Australia.  Hip arthroscopy is surgery of the hip done through a camera instead of a big incision.  It is most often used in treating young adults with hip pain caused by femoroacetabular impingement (FAI), hip labral tears and articular cartilage injures inside the hip. There are few opportunities for concentrated training in hip arthroscopy around the United States since so few people do lots of this surgery.  When the offer to work with Dr. O’Donnell one-on-one for 6 months was made, I jumped at the chance.  The experience has been amazing.  I am getting hands on training with one of the best hip arthroscopists in the world.  In addition, my family and I are experiencing Australia, a truly amazing place to be.  I am looking forward to bringing back what I am learning in Australia back to Phoenix.”

-          - Dr. Kostas Economopoulos


No comments:

Post a Comment